Not good. I know I'm not the only one who has been here. You wake up, and you're sick. You weigh your options and there is no way in hell that you could possibly stay in bed, skip classes, and not show up for work. You have things to do. Lots of them, and despite feeling like you (as well as everyone around you) would benefit greatly by staying home today, you simply cannot.
So I got out of bed. I did my make up even. Got dressed (a big deal when you'd rather just wear sweats all day) and rushed out the door only to find that it had snowed again last night. I brushed off my car and started driving to school. I got all the way to the school parking lot where I discovered that if I wanted a spot I would have to park nearly a mile from school (the wind was also blowing pretty hard), and then I remembered that I forgot keys I needed, I didn't pack a lunch, forgot ibuprofen and (brace yourself for too much information) extra tampons.
I turned myself right around and came back home where I am now. Skipped my first class. I'll go back for work, and the project I need to work on today for school, but I still don't feel well, and I wish I could just start this day over again. Who's with me?
(Added at the end of the day): After I got back to school, work was super fun. Five hours worth. Before going to work on my film project, the little part on your zipper that you pull cam completely off my pants three hours before I could go home. Wonderful. My SD card struggled, the studio door was locked, and thus, my day did not get any better from where I left off. Definitely should have stayed in bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment