Thursday, February 3, 2011

Post-Grad

I just got my first post-grad job offer. Wow. I was surprised (pleasantly), but it has really made me think about what is going to happen after I graduate.

I have one year left at school. Next year I'll be going to career fairs, researching potential employers, writing a resume`, or maybe even writing a business plan for my own business. Maybe I'll stay here. Maybe I'll move back east closer to home, or maybe I will even move back in with my parents. I might be married, but most likely I'll still be single. I know it's a long way off, but...

At one point, I knew exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up. A journalist. Then I realized I loved radio, the production, writing, editing, it fascinated me and I knew that's what I wanted to do. After that, I discovered that I love planning things, parties, concerts, and I knew for sure that I wanted to be an event planner. Now that I'm getting so close to the end of this chapter in my life called college, I am realizing that I have no idea what I want to do for certain. There's so much that I want to do and I can't possibly decide!

I want to write a book. I want to have a podcast. I want to start my own event planning business. I want to live in a big city. I want to travel. I want to open a bookstore in England. I want to teach children in other countries how to speak English. I want to have a job that I love! I want to fall in love.

When we were little it was so easy to talk about the things you wanted to do, what you wanted to be when you grew up. It was easy because it was so far away. Although I still have a year, that's not so far away anymore. I can't change my mind as easily as I could when I was a child. I have to decide. I have to decide in the next year. Don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment