Today is my 21st birthday. It's a little hard to believe actually. I've come a long way, had a lot of adventures, made a lot of friends, made a lot of mistakes, had a lot of success, and here I am. An adult. Wow.
21 things I am thankful for:
21. Birthdays. What could be better than a day all about me? Or you, if it's your birthday. But mostly I like my birthday.
20. Springtime. After winter, I sure am grateful for spring.
19. Kitchens. It was a tough time without you dearest kitchen while I lived in Juniper and had to eat at the caf every day even when I was already sick, but we have been reunited and I swear I'll never leave you again.
18. Karaoke machines. Thank you for giving me and my roommates some good times. A special thank you to Carly Simon's "You're so Vain."
17. Pictures. What a great way to preserve memories and provide some laughs on your 21st birthday when you consider all of the terrible haircuts you've had through the years.
16. I'd like to say a special thank you to staples and staplers. Thank you for the many years of holding my papers together.
15. The south. Everything about the south is awesome. (Sorry to those of you who aren't southern, we can't all be awesome.)
14. I am thankful for air. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be here without it.
13. Purses. What a wonderful things! And they're pretty :)
12. My cellphone. I know what you're thinking! But I really wouldn't have been able to survive without it! 2000 miles from home, breaking down (twice on the freeway...in Utah), and getting lost are just a few of the reasons that my phone is so great!
11. The lightbulb. Thank you Mr. Edison for contributing to my education and happiness with this wonderful invention.
10. Soap. Thank you for keeping me clean and smelling yummy. I wouldn't have had any dates if it weren't for soap ;)
9. Chocolate. Nuff said.
8. Gerard Butler. Thank you for being the object of desire for me and my friends for many years now. Also for taking your shirt off a lot.
7. My planner. Yes, I'm a nerd, but I can't survive without my planner!
6. Music!
5. Cake. Yes, I think I would be ungrateful if I didn't mention it. Thanks for getting me through some hard times, Cake.
4. My car. Dear Roxanne, although we've only known each other for a short time, I am so grateful for you! My car and I have been through a lot together. We're even similar to each other, she has a lot of issues, she keeps going until she completely breaks down and then keeps going some more, likes to travel, kinda noisy, and is always drawing attention to herself (good and bad.)
3. Learning. It's so important! And regardless of what I may have thought about school when I was younger, it is actually a lot of fun (although, admittedly, hard work).
2. Friends. Past and present. Good and bad. Y'all have made me who I am today.
1. My family. I couldn't have made it this far without them. They've always been there for me and built me up when I didn't feel like I could carry on. Thank you all so much!
21 things I am thankful for:
21. Birthdays. What could be better than a day all about me? Or you, if it's your birthday. But mostly I like my birthday.
20. Springtime. After winter, I sure am grateful for spring.
19. Kitchens. It was a tough time without you dearest kitchen while I lived in Juniper and had to eat at the caf every day even when I was already sick, but we have been reunited and I swear I'll never leave you again.
18. Karaoke machines. Thank you for giving me and my roommates some good times. A special thank you to Carly Simon's "You're so Vain."
17. Pictures. What a great way to preserve memories and provide some laughs on your 21st birthday when you consider all of the terrible haircuts you've had through the years.
16. I'd like to say a special thank you to staples and staplers. Thank you for the many years of holding my papers together.
15. The south. Everything about the south is awesome. (Sorry to those of you who aren't southern, we can't all be awesome.)
14. I am thankful for air. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be here without it.
13. Purses. What a wonderful things! And they're pretty :)
12. My cellphone. I know what you're thinking! But I really wouldn't have been able to survive without it! 2000 miles from home, breaking down (twice on the freeway...in Utah), and getting lost are just a few of the reasons that my phone is so great!
11. The lightbulb. Thank you Mr. Edison for contributing to my education and happiness with this wonderful invention.
10. Soap. Thank you for keeping me clean and smelling yummy. I wouldn't have had any dates if it weren't for soap ;)
9. Chocolate. Nuff said.
8. Gerard Butler. Thank you for being the object of desire for me and my friends for many years now. Also for taking your shirt off a lot.
7. My planner. Yes, I'm a nerd, but I can't survive without my planner!
6. Music!
5. Cake. Yes, I think I would be ungrateful if I didn't mention it. Thanks for getting me through some hard times, Cake.
4. My car. Dear Roxanne, although we've only known each other for a short time, I am so grateful for you! My car and I have been through a lot together. We're even similar to each other, she has a lot of issues, she keeps going until she completely breaks down and then keeps going some more, likes to travel, kinda noisy, and is always drawing attention to herself (good and bad.)
3. Learning. It's so important! And regardless of what I may have thought about school when I was younger, it is actually a lot of fun (although, admittedly, hard work).
2. Friends. Past and present. Good and bad. Y'all have made me who I am today.
1. My family. I couldn't have made it this far without them. They've always been there for me and built me up when I didn't feel like I could carry on. Thank you all so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment