Okay, obviously I'm not black, but this month is shoved in everybody's faces no matter what color your skin is. What I am about to say may offend a lot of people, but I don't care. It's as simple as that. Black History month is stupid.
Why would I say this? No basis of fact? No supporting argument? Just wait.
The purpose of black history month (hereafter known as BHM) is to what? Make things fair after that whole slavery thing, as sort of an apology, a making amends? Is it to increase knowledge of the injustices in their past in people of other races? Neither of these seem like a good reason to me, or to Morgan Freeman (and he's black). Watch this clip, and then let's talk some more.
Black history is American history. Well said Mr. Freeman. Here's the thing everybody. Y'all want to get rid of racism. I think we can all agree that this is a worthy goal. Stop perpetuating it by segregating the months. Stop calling each other black and white. For those of you who are black, stop calling each other "niggers." If it is insulting when those of other races call you that, it should be just as insulting coming out of the mouth of one of your "brothers." Stop talking about how "the man" is holding you down, you hold yourself down. Racism is perpetuated by YOU and you don't even want to see it, because it's easier to blame white people for something that happened over a hundred years ago. It's easier to say that someone else is holding you back than to get off your lazy asses, get off welfare, and get a job and an education.
Yes, I understand that it is a hard life in homes located in the ghetto where you have abusive parents, and bad things happening all around you, but it's not impossible, it's just difficult. BHM is just another way that Americans allow racism to persist. We have no white history month, no Jewish history month, no hispanic history month, and that's because nobody needs one.
Celebrate your American heritage every day of every month of every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment