Wednesday, February 9, 2011

RIP Lola

Today, my fish died.

I woke up and she was just lying on her back on the bottom of the bowl. Not moving. I couldn't get her to move either so for those of you doubting that she's actually dead because she wasn't belly up on the top of the bowl, you are wrong. She's dead.

I don't know whether to make jokes about it or be terribly terribly sad. I know she's just a fish, but she was my only companion through a lot of the most challenging of my college experiences.

The real question though is whether or not I should buy a new one. I've been through three animal deaths since coming to college (not to mention the poor little squirrel I hit on the way back from Grandma's house). That's like one a year. Should I even bother? I do like pets. I did like feeding her every day and watching her swim happily around her little bowl while I did homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment