Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I'm so glad you're okay"

This was the phrase I heard over and over again yesterday. I was in a car accident. A lady of about 55 named Bertina hit my car. She seemed to come out over nowhere and before I knew it, glass from my driver's side window was everywhere. It happened so fast, but it also seemed to move in slow motion. I couldn't believe what had just happened to me.

I still maintain that it was definitely her fault, but I'm the one who was issued a citation, got the worst damage and only have liability insurance. I can't afford the repairs on my car. Luckily, my dad, though also poor, always comes to my rescue and is paying for the damages done to my car, which you can see in this picture.







I was quite distraught and I am still in shock over the whole situation. It doesn't even seem real. I'm sore but I'm mostly concerned about my car. My first thoughts after being hit were about how much it would cost. I'm not sure I even thought about how lucky we were that we were okay. I didn't even ask my friend seated in the passenger seat if she was okay. I didn't see it as fortunate that we were unharmed. I could only think about the money. It's sort of disturbing. I don't know. Sorry my thoughts are everywhere, I think I'm still a little shaken up about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment