Imagine this (all too familiar scenario):
You're going away next week for a vacation. Or maybe it's just a weekend trip. Either way, you are packing bags. Toothbrush, socks, clean underwear, deodorant (very important)...it looks like you've got everything. Maybe even more than you will need for just a couple days.
Here's what happens next. About ten minutes after you finish packing, the anxiety kicks in. What did I forget? I really feel like I'm forgetting something! You open your bag again, circle your apartment and look for anything that you might be leaving out. I just know I'm going to leave something and then remember it two hours down the road... You run through your weekend mentally, the whole time mentally checking off the things you packed. And yet... Ah! What the heck am I forgetting?
This happens to me whenever I travel. I just have the nagging feeling that I will arrive at my destination and remember that I left something very important behind. Something that can't be borrowed from a friend, or easily replaced at Wal-green's. Making lists doesn't help.
This weekend I'm leaving town. I'm all packed. I've got everything. I think...
Am I the only one? Leave a comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment