Friday, January 21, 2011

It's one of those days

Ever wish you could just crawl back into bed and restart with a smile on your face...but you don't?
Ever know that you're going to be grumpy all day and there's no amount of ice cream that change that?
Do you ever feel irritated by every little thing that happens to you? I do. Today in fact.

The real question is, how do I get myself out of this funk? I know that my mom hates listening to me complain and yet I do it anyway. Even now as I'm writing this, I know that this isn't anything anybody would actually want to read, but I don't care.

Question? Oh yes! How do I get myself out of this funk? I have plenty of ideas. I'm resistant to all of them. Deep down, maybe I like having days like this. Or do I?

Question. Right. Here is a list of things for you to try when you feel the way I'm feeling right now.

1. Stab someone in the eye. Doesn't matter who it is. The first person you see will do, or you could use this as a chance for revenge on the barista who got your coffee order wrong this morning. Either way.

2. Crawl back into bed and live on a diet of ice cream for a day. (And none of that low-fat, sugar-free crap.)
3. NCMO (otherwise known as a non-commital make-out) "you need kissing badly."
4. Buy something with your credit card. Preferably something you do not need and will never use.
5. If all of the above suggestions fail, blog about your problems. But only do this when you've already tried the other four suggestions.

Alright. Fine. Maybe those aren't the best ways to handle your feelings (but you didn't point that out to me, I came to that realization on my own!) Here are some slightly more realistic, though completely stupid and cliche` ideas for you.

1. Make up your mind to be happy. Your circumstances don't determine your mood. You do.
2. Get the junk off your to-do list by actually doing it. Then you won't have those things hanging over your head.
3. Do something just for you. It's okay to be a little bit selfish here. Don't think about what anyone else wants and just do something for yourself.
4. Think less about what matters less. That barista who got your order wrong? It's just coffee. Put it behind you and move on.
5. Smile. You'd be surprised what you can do for yourself by putting a smile on. How you feel on the outside will change how you feel on the inside. If you don't feel like smiling, then fake it till you make it.

And there you go. Suggestions for changing your day around. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment