Thursday, May 5, 2011

We made it!

I have finished taking all my finals. All that's left now is to pack up and move out.

This has been an interesting semester for me. My patience has been tried. I feel a little stronger, a little braver, and I feel humbled. This semester certainly has broken me down a few times to the point where I couldn't fix things all by myself and I had to ask for help.  It has never been that I feel too good for the help of others, simply that I don't want to put them out by requiring their assistance.

Many of my relationships with people have been strengthened, and others I have seen the need to work harder for.

As this school year draws to a close, it has really stirred up feelings in me that are unexpected.  For the past few months I have been feeling the senioritis big time, and I'm only a Junior.  I have felt anxious to be done with school. I've been so sick of classes and homework, and the dating life in Utah (which is impossible for me). There's things: people, places, events, that I just want to leave behind. But as the end of this week has gotten nearer and nearer, I have been realizing that I really do only have one year left, and that it's not all entirely a good thing.

My best friend in the whole world, Marqi, and I have only known each other for a little over a year. In that time we have hardly been separated. We both keep saying how we only have a few more days with each other until we're separated for summer. It makes us both sad, but I believe that the real reason we're sad is that we know that in a year's time, we will be feeling this same way, only I won't be coming back after summer. The goodbyes we say this week a just a preview of the things we'll be feeling next year.

In addition to Marqi, I have really become close to a lot of the professors and staff members in my department.  I'll have to say goodbye to them as well next year. It's hard when they've had such a big impact on my life. Not just through their lectures, but through the relationships we've built outside of class as well.

So while I am moving out of my apartment this week, I will be happy that I have one year left. Only one more year of classes and tests. One more glorious year I have with my friends. And you can be sure that next year I will soak in every moment, and take as many pictures to preserve the memories as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment