Thursday, September 1, 2011

TMI

I've never been to a lady doctor before, and I used to be terrified of going to the gynecologist. Today I say: bring it on.

Today is the one day out of every month that it is absolutely necessary for me to stay home and I can't.  I have severe cramps. They are worse than most women have them. Many of my girlfriends don't even have cramps. Ever. Which is a complete injustice by the way.  Mine are so bad that they interfere with my life and cause me to be unable to function, only today I am unable to stay home and lay in bed until it's over. So I'm at work. Where I cannot lay down and I must keep a smile on my face to fool everyone around me. Didn't I take something for it? Of course I did. I took four ibuprofen. It didn't help.

Cramps like these make me want to do one of two things: either punch everyone I see in the face, or curl up on the floor in the fetal position and cry.  I feel like I have the right to act like a total bitch on days like this. Oh, and I swear a lot.

I'm getting married in about eight months. Before that time I will have to visit a gynecologist and get a birth control prescription. I say, if it will help my cramps, why wait? It's for me and for the safety of everyone around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment