Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sexual Harassment

A boy in my class has been sexually harassing me all semester and I didn't realize it until last night.

He asked me to perform sexual favors for him and makes comments about my body. It's true. The first time he asked I didn't so much care. I told him no and I thought that was it. It was the persistence that really bothers me.

Here's the thing though. I know you might be thinking that this is an easy situation to get out of, but it just isn't. You see, sadly, I've dealt with many boys like this before and I know what will happen. If I say anything to him, or to anyone else, he and his friends will classify me as a bitch. Which wouldn't be so bad if I never had to see him again. I've been called a bitch before, and I'm over it. What really makes this a sticky situation is that we are stuck in a class together and we have the same major, meaning we will indefinitely see each other again, and he will make life miserable for me.

Everyone makes it sound so easy to deal with sexual harassment, but those are the people that have never dealt with it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment