So lately, all of my journal entries have tended to look a lot like this:
Today was a hard day. I have lots of homework. I'm really stressed. I wish I was dead.
Just joking about that last sentence. But the point is that what I write has been filled with stress and wishing for the summer to be here. Like now. This coming week is going to be the most intense part before the semester ends, and I'm dreading it.
But then my mom called me. I've been feeling pretty homesick, so of course I answered. She asked me what I'm doing next weekend (Easter weekend, three day weekend, Brenna stays at the apartment alone weekend), "nothing," I said. Then she asked me how I would like it if she bought me a plane ticket and I came home.
I burst into tears of happiness. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I have been desperately needing to see my family. It's a long weekend, so no classes missed. It gives me something to look forward to. AND it's that last weekend for me to see a building that is religiously important to me before it closes to the public. All I could do was cry and thank her.
My family is great. They get better. My dear little sister Macy, who is 16, interrupted my mother on the phone to give her all the cash she has to help pay for my ticket. I asked my mom if Macy was sure, and she put her on the phone so I could ask her myself. "Yeah! I miss you and I love you and I just want you to be able to come home this weekend." More crying.
Even now, I don't know what to say. I'm just so happy and excited. I have a renewed sense of energy, and getting through a few more pages of these essays I have to write is going to be so much easier.
I love my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment